Participants in this mission trip will be building bridges of friendship and healing with the native people of Prince of Wales Island, Alaska. Some of the participants will need to have construction skills. Most will simply need to be ready to serve in a variety of ways and will not need to possess any high level skills.
This team of 9-18 people, will have three primary projects:
- We will be assisting in building a Long House, a tribal gathering place of the Haida Indians in Hydaberg.
- Set up, help facilitate, serve and tear down an Island-wide Art & Seafood Festival in Coffman Cove.
- Help with an ongoing building on the missionary’s property that will be used to house future mission teams.
We will travel by large aircraft, small aircraft and boat. This will be an adventure that will require flexibility regarding schedule, agenda, culture, routines and habits!
Cost: Approximately $1,400. Included in this cost total, are airfare & single bag fees, ticket for boat, housing and meals.
Periodic progress payments will be required between application acceptance and execution.
Requirements and Key Dates:
- Regular attendance at Red Hills Church
- Actively serving in the local Church and community
- Professing Jesus Christ
- Completed application by February 28, 2017
- Agreement to mission team covenant
- Attending monthly team meetings on the second Sunday of the month at 1PM, March through August
- Completed background check with Red Hills Church by March 12, 2017